Environmental, Health & Safety Engineer. We are currently looking for a Environmental & Safety Engineer to join our growing team in Santa Barbara.
Scope of Position:
Provide day-to-day guidance for all safety, health and environmental programs and processes for our facilities in Santa Barbara. Specifically, provide EH&S support for the development and deployment of applicable environmental and safety compliance programs.
Role within group:
The successful candidate will be involved with the EH&S work our facilities in Santa Barbara CA and cooperate and maintain ownership for specified EH&S programs with our production. The role includes interfacing with internal groups on a daily basis.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Ensures compliance with Cal OSHA and EPA and other applicable regulating agencies as requested or directed.
- Responsible for the overall implementation and deployment of the EH&S management systems.
- Provides direction for various groups including scientists, contractors, and operations to maintain environmental and safety compliance.
- Facilitates and promotes compliance strategies and requirements.
- Provides assistance and guidance in safety, health and environmental matters throughout the facility by deploying programs to meet regulatory requirements.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local laws, policies, codes and regulations.
- Works to ensure that the facility remains current in all external reporting requirements to corporate, state, local and federal agencies.
- Works with tenant groups on hazard identification, evaluation and control and appropriate risk assessment and risk mitigation.
- Facilitates the development and maintenance of facility emergency response plans.
- Conducts frequent EH&S inspections and prioritizes and takes action on findings.
- Recommends changes to procedures or new procedures as needed which affect environmental and safety compliance programs.
- Multiple projects and facility operations change daily. Interacts on a daily basis with internal tenants groups to ensure compliance with EH&S requirements.
- May coordinate training to personnel who need environmental and safety compliance training.
- May serve as the facilitator of the facility safety committee, and ensure that safety committee members are authentically engaged in overall EHS management of the facility.
Travel Requirements: None
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time: 40 hours/week
B.S. in Environmental Engineering, Safety, or Physical Sciences
Required Years and Area of Experience:
Minimum 3 years of experience in EH&S activities/responsibilities
- Working knowledge of environmental and safety regulatory programs.
- Ability to interpret and communicate regulatory compliance requirements to all levels
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to independently perform work
- Knowledge of State and Federal EH&S regulations and experience working with regulators and environmental agencies.
- Prove experience and knowledge of various systems as OSHA 18001, ISO 14001
- Self-directed and demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Routine problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Practical understanding of hazardous waste management
- Experience with Quality/PEx utilizing Six Sigma DMAIC approach
- EPA Hazardous Waste and DOT Hazardous Materials Trained/Certified