Process Development Engineer. We are seeking four experienced Process Development Engineers to join our team. The process development engineer will design, build and characterize micromechanical and microfluidic devices for a broad spectrum of biological, analytical electro-mechanical and optical applications, develop manufacturing processes and tools, introduce devices into production and help stabilizing the manufacturing process.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with engineering team to translate customer’s specifications into reliably manufactural products.
- Plan and execute the technology transfer of new products and processes to manufacturing plant. Ensure design for manufacturability in early stages deliver projects safely, on-time and within budget.
- Plan and execute the technology transfer of new products and processes to manufacturing plant.
- Develop new, alternative, powerful and environmentally friendly processes and tools to enable next generations of products.
- Identify, or design new test equipment and develop new methods for product characterization.
- Develop new product documentation like product specifications, training manuals, and operating instructions.
- Perform tests addressing reliability and failure cause.
- Apply product quality control methods to monitor and improve product quality.
- Modify and improve processes and tools for highest production yields.
- Minimum of B.S. or equivalent degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical, Materials or Physical sciences with a research topic related to MEMS, microfluidics, or micro fabrication.
- Preferably 3 years of engineering experience in process development or/and manufacturing engineering.
- Ability to work in a fast growing, fast paced environment and a diverse, dynamic team.
- Ability to effectively handle more than one project at the same time.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in machine control, automation, robotics, machine vision.
- Experience in the following fields is a plus: FAB-Cleanroom, photolithography, film deposition, glass or silicon wet & dry etching, microfluidics, materials processing using picosecond and femtosecond lasers, design of experiments, statistical data analysis, finite element analysis, project planning.
- Proven record of accomplishment of delivering projects on time and within budget.